Thursday, December 12, 2013

DIY {upside down & liquidless} Snow Globe

There is nothing better than coming home to a house that feels festive during the holiday season. Although I love breaking out my decorations from the basement, I try to take a minimalist approach when getting my house holiday-ready. I love snow globes and they are a simple way to mix holiday decor into your own home but I wanted to take an unconventional approach to creating them. Since I had about 50 antique mason jars going unused from my own wedding, I got the idea to make these great looking globes. I bought fake snow flakes, miniature tree and animal figurines and used my own various mason jars (get them here) to create these great upside down and liquidless globes that are the perfect way to decorate any coffee table or create a chic centerpiece. They look great and only take 5 minutes to make!


{step 1} fill your jar (does not have to be mason) with the fake snow (less than half way to make room for the figurines)


{step 2} drop in and press down your miniature trees


{step 3} repeat the process with any additional holiday figurines you want to include (I've included deer in my own)


and lastly, place your globes wherever you need a mixing of holiday decor in your own home!

No comments:

Post a Comment