Monday, November 25, 2013

DIY Starbucks Glitter Cup

It's almost time for the holidays and I'm getting in the spirit with this very simple DIY project that I have been dying to try. As a year-round iced coffee drinker, I've owned this clear cup for awhile now but I am always looking for a more stylish way to keep my hands warm and carry coffee during those chilly months. When I originally saw a picture of these amazing glitter Starbucks tumblers on Pinterest, I knew I had to make one and I love the way it turned out. If you want to recreate this great project yourself, just follow the easy steps and DIY "necessary items" list below!

{all from Michaels for $12.96} gold flake glitter (similar here) / tacky glue / mini gold glitter for any "fill" areas / brush

{DIY} Glitter Cup in 6 Simple Steps
{Step 1} purchase an acrylic cold cup tumbler from Starbucks (must be the kind with two detachable cups)
{Step 2} add glue around the outer portion of the inside cup & start pouring the glitter around those glued areas
{Step 3} continue the process above until the entire cup is covered
{Step 4} fill in any gaps with the smaller gold glitter so the entire cup is covered
{Step 5} let the cup dry in a place where it won't be bumped our moved
{Step 6} lastly, glue the two cups together by adding tacky glue around the portion where it screws closed






No comments:

Post a Comment